<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 21, 2010

US Social Forum

This 10-yr old forum has 22,000 registered! When I was touring downtown Detroit on Sunday, the streets were almost empty (very little traffic). Today, we did a dry-run of the walk from home to the venue site (over 1mile).

The workshops plus cultural programs plus all kinds of other spaces... is overwhelming. I don't even know where to begin. My instinct is just to let things unfold. Maybe I'll have a better sense after tomorrow's rally and opening ceremonies.

It's strange that I have not attached myself to a group. Almost everyone that's coming is affiliated with a group or a movement.

Well, I suppose there's enough to learn by just being around 22,000 people who are imagining 'another world"...I should feel right at home.

I just need to find my 'family' here....

Comments:
sometimes it's best to be unaffiliated. If you have no walls, you can pass through any wall, because they don't exist in your world.
 
Post a Comment
links to this post

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?