<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 04, 2010

There are days when I have an urge to write an essay addressing an issue that is near and dear to me-- undoing racism, alliance-building, ecological issues, the need for a paradigm that connects rather than fragments -- and the potential of an indigenous Filipino discourse to offer answers.

There are days when I realize that I've done my share of writing on these themes but still not nearly enough.

There are days when I feel that what I need to do now is to move into the field of "Action" rather than self-reflection.

There are days when I define my role in the Babaylan conference as "action" but still not nearly enough.
**
Yesterday, one of my students said, "Leny, let's DO something!" When students feel the need to DO something is when they've learned that it is not enough to self- reflect, to dialogue with each other...that what they need is to move into the world to make a their own mark. I think this also comes from a need to overcome their own sense of helplessness amidst the big social and economic problems that we are facing.
**
Today I will think about this.

Comments: Post a Comment
links to this post

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?