<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 20, 2008

Because I can't find words of my own, I am borrowing the words of another scholar/friend who sent me this email today:

I have gone through a major shift in my personal life, which has really shifted my thoughts on my academic work.
I've been clearing old beliefs that no longer serve me. Some of these beliefs have been passed on generationally, from my mom and my grandmother.... I think babaylan Urduja, or my attraction to her, anticipated this change, or her figure guided me in this direction even before I knew I needed this.

...
I wanted to share this with you because I sometimes feel so isolated in this synthesis of my inner work and academic work. I thought you might understand because I remember reading in your book about your own coming-into-consciousness...

thank you, dear friend.

Comments: Post a Comment
links to this post

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?