<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Nole Me Tangere

and read Sally Mann's response after the essay.

I was led to post the above (and digressed) while writing a letter of recommendation for my student who is also taking a class from Noelle Oxenhandler...and before I sat down to write, I was on the phone with a friend wondering aloud to her whether or not to tell a Story that would, hopefully, put an end to the cannibals' desire to eat my baby....and before I talked to her on the phone, I was reading Hogan's The Woman Who Watches Over the World.

All of which takes me back to the dangers and pleasures of opening up the door to Eros; of taking the keys away from the patriarch who would, if he could, keep me in an iron (but gilded!) cage to maintain the (insanity) of the world he has created. he would silence me, if he could. he fears that i would betray him. he fears because somewhere in the recessess of his mind, he knows the power of story to break down illusions of power. yet, just over there (imagine a Pinoy pointing with his lips), he also knows that the stories we fear the most are the ones waiting to weave some magic and wondrous mysteries.

How different would it be if we can sit together to tell each other our Story without fear?

Comments: Post a Comment
links to this post

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?