<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 16, 2007

I received K's narrative this morning...i cried all morning. couldn't work. tears are good. here are parts that i collaged from her work. have a taste.

i have come to think of colonization as an opportunistic vine. it is not native to me, nor to my people. i don't remember my life without it. trusting soul that i am, i even thought we had a symbiotic relationship...

the presence of the vine isn't my fault; yet, i am responsible for its eradication. this is the burden of striving towards awakening, towards freedom...

and yes, this has been a painful process...

i am writing this narrative from the Philippines...i've come Home because i'd like to explore the context of the lifecycle of this vine of colonization. how did it get so good at what it does? just how deep are its roots and how far-reaching?...

Inang Bayan has called me Home. she has told me that her rich volcanic soil and her story can help me awaken and remember. ..she reminds me that i am a babaylan and that i have important work to do...

as i decolonize my hearing becomes more acute and my resolve strengthens. Ina, thank you for loving me like you do.

i remember.
i re-member.
i love.

thank you, K.

Comments: Post a Comment
links to this post

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?