<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 25, 2006

A Strange Encounter

Today I was approached by a young white girl, about 10 yrs old, at the mall who is panhandling. She asked if I could spare change so she can take the bus and go home. I asked her why she needed to take bus, where she lives, who is with her. She said her brother was with her and she pointed in a direction where I didn't see anyone. When I told her that I want to help her call her parents, she immediately walked away.

I've never met this type of panhandler before so it was disconcerting. What if someone put her up to it? What if she's being abused? Oh my...am I watching too much tv? Did I do enough? Should I have done/said something else?

I will never know.

Comments: Post a Comment
links to this post

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?